Welcome to the FMI Victoria Chapter
Members of the Financial Management Institute have an interest in
public sector financial management. Our members are financial
officers, auditors, managers and others in the public service
(federal, provincial and municipal governments). The Institute
provides a forum for members to become better informed on all
aspects of change affecting the public sector financial management
The objectives of the Institute are to:
- promote members' understanding of the
financial management practices of the public sector;
- inform members of developments in public sector financial
- act as a catalyst in matching the training and development
programs in financial management with the needs of members;
- promote the professional image of the financial community in
the public sector;
- provide a forum for communication and contacts within the
financial community; and
- encourage the recognition of the financial function as a key
component of the broader corporate management function.
Local Chapter programs consist of luncheon meetings and
professional development workshops. National programs
- the fmi*igf Journal, an
important magazine for financial professionals;
- FMI - National website at http://www.fmi.ca/
- an annual Professional Development
- an annual Public Sector Management
The membership year runs from July
1 to June 30. The $25.00 membership fee includes your subscription
to the FMI Journal and discounts on the cost for luncheon meetings.
Please complete the attached application form and mail to the
address shown or bring it to the next luncheon meeting.
For more events, please click here.