Supporting Accountability – Meet Our Oversight Agents
Public spending and decision making is highly scrutinized by the taxpayers and the media. Fortunately, civil servants are not alone in ensuring strong controls to enhance accountability in government reports and transparent decision making. These supporting roles take on different positions in the organization from legislative officers to internal audit departments. In this session, fmi*igf is pleased to bring together these important civil servants to discuss their roles in your organization, opportunities to work in a more collaborative fashion and glimpse into their future initiatives.
- Doug Wylie, Auditor General of Alberta – FCPA, FCMA, ICD.D
- Marianne Ryan, Alberta Ombudsman and Public Interest Commissioner
- Barry Horan, Associate Vice President, Internal Audit and Risk Management, Grand MacEwan University
- Michael Hocken, Chief Internal Auditor, Alberta Treasury Board and Finance
- Alex Muchortow, Chief Audit Executive, Worker’s Compensation Board
Links and Resources