Service Delivery and Performance Measurement – From Planning to Results
The fmi*igf Capital Chapter invites you to join us for the exciting launch of our 2018-19 PD Season Building on our success of last year’s performance management workshop we offer an exciting day on the continuing progress of results management. In collaboration with PPX, the fmi*igf-CC is pleased to offer another exciting and informative professional development day focused on performance and results.
Through presentations and interactive sessions, this one-day seminar seeks to provide participants with a set of tools to assess government programs and make adjustments as the need arises. The goal is increased efficiency and effectiveness. We will discuss how to improve the level of understanding in this area and uncover ways for the financial management community to better support performance measurement activities. This will include revisiting the efforts to date such as the effective implementation to manage results and delivery and how to continue to leverage policy. Underpinning the entire day’s discussion will be an ongoing focus on strategic advice and improving service delivery in the Public Service – What is working well, where we still need to improve, and a compelling discussion focused on how to bring world-class public service delivery to fruition.
This session will be of interest to financial analysts, senior financial managers, and leaders, policy and planning analysts, and their senior managers.
- Derek Armstrong, Executive Director, Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat, Performance (-informed) Budgeting in the Government of Canada
- Rohit Samaroo, Director Analytics, Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat, Performance Frameworks: Telling the Story
- John Harrison, Practice Lead – Managing for Results, QMR Consulting, Connecting the Dots Linking Resources to Results: The Role of the Financial Advisory Community
- Mike Haley, President, Landmark Decisions Inc., and Board Member, Performance and Planning eXchange, Delivery Execution Case Studies in Operational Planning & Budgeting, Costing, and Technology Enablement
An Executive Perspective on the Integration of Financial and Non-Financial Priorities for Results and Delivery
- Moderator: Pablo Sobrino, former Associate Assistant Deputy Minister, Acquisitions Branch, Public Works, and Government Services Canada
- Introduction: Alison Taylor, M.A. Managing for Results Practice, QMR Consulting
- Andrew Francis, Chief Financial Officer, Heritage Canada
- Valerie Gideon, Sr. Assistant Deputy Minister, Indigenous Services Canada